Kern Oil and Refining laboratory supports refinery operations to make sure unit product streams are within target limits and refinery finished products meet product specifications. We are searching for an individual to assist in the daily operations, water, environmental, and finished product testing and reporting of refinery samples.
- Conducts qualitative/quantitative testing of intermediary processed material
- Responsible for conducting laboratory analysis
- Analyze and process unit control samples and blend samples
- Demonstrate proficiency with laboratory software and instrumentation
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on lab instrumentation
- Report accurate, precise and timely data to Operations, Oil Movements, Engineering and Products Control personnel
- Understands proper labeling and hazard communication procedures
- Comprehends standardized testing methodologies, such as ASTM, UOP, IP and EPA
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and reporting techniques
- Complete all laboratory reports as applicable
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis methods
- Assist with the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Complies with all corporate safety policies and departmental policies and procedures
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a lab technician/analyst
- Ability to work a rotating 12 hour shift in a refinery (two weeks on daylights and two weeks on nights)
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure to complete analysis when the workload demands
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum products.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- Team player
- High School diploma required.
- Prior experience with wet chemistry methods, gas chromatography, octane rating on research and motor engines, sulfur and nitrogen analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related scientific field