Kern Oil & Refining Co. is seeking a self-driven and results oriented individual to join our commercial group. The Product Supply & Marketing Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with customers, suppliers and other industry peers as he or she effectively participates in Kern’s product supply and marketing efforts. A strong candidate will demonstrate the ability to represent Kern Oil & Refining Co. in a professional manner while building long-term relationships that foster trust, confidence, and mutual respect.
This position is responsible for:
- Building relationships with industry representatives, customers, and suppliers in order to establish and maintain a strong network of industry peers.
- Broadly contributing to Kern’s commercial activities, including an active role in market analysis, determining product pricing and inventory management.
- Communicating with customers, suppliers and associated Kern departments, appropriate and relevant information pertaining to prices, transactions and other applicable data.
- Negotiating petroleum products, blendstocks and feedstocks purchase and sales agreements.
- Periodically travelling to personally interface with customers and suppliers and represent Kern at industry events.
Behavioral & Experience Profile:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a capacity that demonstrated relationship building, professionalism and key decision making for the organization.
- Prior work experience that has demonstrated strong negotiating skills with transactional experience.
- Ability to understand and evaluate financial transactions and impacts of activities.
- Ability to see industry trends and recommend/take action on what one sees in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a broad spectrum of settings, especially being able to tailor communication to a specific audience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred.