The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading and managing Kern Oil's maintenance department. The Maintenance Manager shall direct and coordinate the utilization of resources to achieve strategic maintenance and reliability objectives in the most efficient, economic means. This includes achieving Kern objectives in the areas of maintenance and reliability programs, preparation and tracking of a maintenance budget, and oversight of all maintenance activities including turnarounds.
- Serve as a plant maintenance and reliability program leader to maintain and ensure operation of refinery related equipment.
- Maintain a good understanding of auxiliary equipment such as water systems, air compressors, boilers, cooling towers, etc.
- Manages Refining maintenance activity including planning, scheduling, monitoring, forecasting, resource allocation and cost control.
- Manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the refinery.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling of labor and equipment, and budgeting for refinery turn-arounds.
- Responsible for managing routine maintenance planning / scheduling activities in accordance with refinery safety policies and procedures, design, schedule, and budgets.
- Refine, maintain, and drive the preventive maintenance program. Develop and manage maintenance preventive projects.
- Manage maintenance department workforce and contractor trades to work productively and hold them accountable to performance expectations and assist maintenance supervisor when needed.
- Minimizes costs and disruption to refinery caused by maintenance activity.
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Prepare and submit a monthly report. Participate and assist in progress reports and reviews.
- Communicate both written and verbal with equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with refinery process applications or a closely related industrial setting.
- Possess strong knowledge of refining process equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and organized.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibility and manage the work activities of others.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, contractors/consultants and agency representatives.
- Ability to be decisive and make decisions to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have excellent computer skills as demonstrated by ability to compile and present information and data utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.