The Loader is an entry level position in the refinery.
- Loading and unloading liquid petroleum-related products to rail tank cars and trucks
- Making product transfers from tank to tank
- Independently operates the water treatment facility
The Loader must also learn and occasionally perform the duties of Weighmaster who weighs laden and unladen trucks into the facility. Knowledge of liquid pumping/isolation concepts is desirable. This position is the entry step that allows for progression into higher level positions in refinery operations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in an industrial environment
- Basic skills in mathematics, writing, reading, and computer use
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communications skills required in order to interact well with truck drivers, fellow employees and management
- Valid driver’s license (present a DMV report with your application indicating no insurance coverage issues that would exclude them from coverage by the Company’s insurer)
This position is a highly physical position with the following requirements:
- Physical strength to open/close 10” gate valves, use 36” pipe wrench, lift and connect load hoses weighing up to 50 pounds
- Work at heights and climb ramps, tanks and vessels to heights of 40+ feet
- Exposure to water treatment chemicals
- Work both inside and outside around petroleum products
- High school diploma or equivalent
The refinery operates 24 hours per day 365 days per year. Shifts are 12 hours each beginning and ending at 6:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. and additional overtime work is often required. An exceptional attendance, safety and performance record is absolutely essential.
Entry level wage is $20.00 which increases upon job qualification (successful completion of training - approximately 4 to 6 weeks).
Introductory period is 90-days. The job is considered full-time regular employment, FLSA status is non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay) with full slate of Company benefits (after applicable waiting period) including medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, retirement plan, and 401(k) plan.
To apply, submit a completed job application along with a current DMV report.