The Field Gauger is responsible for coordination and interface with contracted lease
operators to transfer crude oil to Kern via pipeline or truck. The job responsibilities
encompass gauging and collecting samples from lease storage tanks; running analytical
tests on samples collected from tanks and trucks; and reporting data to accounting to
account for oil receipts.
This position is responsible for:
- Coordinating receipt of crude oil from local area sources.
- Drive to lease locations in Company-provided vehicle.
- Interface with producers - phone and face-to-face contacts.
- Gauge lease storage tanks “on” (high gauge) and “off” (low gauge)
- Pipeline (without automatic custody transfer meters) - starts and stops flow of oil to Kern and use gauge difference to compute volume of oil received
- Truck – approve tank for release to be picked up by third party carrier and transported to Kern.
- Collect sample from lease storage tanks when taking high tank level gauge reading (gauging “on”)
- Document gauge readings and sample results on Kern Crude Oil Run Ticket and submit completed ticket to Accounting
- Completing all lab testing and analysis of crude oil samples collected from lease tanks and incoming trucks.
- Determining Gravity and B.S. & W. cuts
- Record results on Kern Crude Oil Run Ticket
- Completing daily Anticipated Oil Receipts summary. (Receive email with primary information from Plains, Gauger adds supplemental information pertaining to local lease receipts)
- Completing month-end processes to close inventory records such as ticket changes on custody transfer meters.
- Appropriately identifying and marking Kern Pipelines based on Underground Service Alerts (Dig Alerts) monitored and maintained through the Commercial Department.
- Responding to all Pipeline concerns such as suspected leaks.
Minimum Required - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess current, valid driver's license with a clean MVR
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and simultaneously on many tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read maps and navigate through various terrain in order to find Crude leases.
- Physically capable of climbing stairs on the side of tanks and work in high temp conditions.